1. We only accept payment for orders in GBP Pound Sterling, USD United States Dollars & EUR Euros.
2. If you choose to pay for an item using a payment card with a foreign currency denominated account, the account will still be taken in £ sterling at the conversion rate applied by the relevant payment scheme at the time of processing your order.
3. Unless we are fraudulent or negligent we will not be liable to you for any losses caused as a result of unauthorised access to the personal and transactional information you provide us when placing an order.
4. Please note that Statues & Sculptures Online does not accept cash or cheques as payment online or over the telephone.
We accept online payments using major debit and credit cards, including MasterCard, Visa, Visa Debit and PayPal. Please do not email us your debit or credit card information. We cannot be held responsible for any loss that might occur if you include card information in an email.
Store Payment Currencies
Prices are displayed and charged in the following currencies:
United Kingdom & Ireland – GBP Pound Sterling
Europe – EUR Euros
United States – USD United States Dollars
Rest of the World – USD United States Dollars
VAT in the UK & the European Union
Prices shown on the UK and Europe stores include VAT. We are required by law to collect VAT on all orders to the UK and other countries in the European Union. Any product that is shipped outside of the UK or the European Union is usually not subject to a VAT charge. Where applicable, VAT is included at the standard rate of 20% and is always shown separately on your invoice. Where applicable, based on the delivery country of your purchase, VAT is automatically excluded from your order. If you are in any way uncertain about the possible VAT implications of your purchase, please contact us before placing your order. Unfortunately we are not currently able to exclude VAT for online purchases made by EU VAT-registered buyers, but our invoices will disclose VAT separately.
Taxes in the USA
Prices shown on the USA store exclude taxes. We are required by law to charge Tax on shipments made to NY and CA. If you are in any way uncertain about the possible Tax implications of your purchase, please contact us before placing your order at [email protected] Please review the notes below on Import Duty and Customs Charges. To complete your purchase, you will be asked to acknowledge that customs duties and taxes may apply.
Taxes for the Rest of World
Prices shown on the Rest of World store exclude taxes. We are not required to charge VAT or Sales Tax on purchases from this store. However, you will be required to pay taxes or other charges locally as a result of the product being imported to your country. Please review the notes below on Import Duty and Customs Charges. To complete your purchase, you will be asked to acknowledge that customs duties and taxes may apply.
Import Duty & Customs Charges
For deliveries outside of the UK, the European Union and the USA, you may be required to pay import duty, custom charges, other local taxes or administration fees which are charged once the parcel reaches the destination country. These charges must be paid by you. Unfortunately, Statues & Sculptures Online has no control over these charges and we are unable to tell you what the cost may be, as customs policies and import duties vary widely from country to country. You may wish to contact your local customs office for current charges before you order, so you are not surprised by charges when your parcel arrives.
Additionally, please note that when ordering from Statues & Sculptures Online, you are considered the importer of the product and must comply with all laws and regulations from the country in which you are receiving the product. Your privacy is important to us and we would like all our international customers to be aware that cross-corder deliveries are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities.
Statues & Sculptures Online cannot be held responsible for the payment of any of the abovementioned charges. If you refuse a parcel, please note you will be liable for the return fee charges from the courier and customs charges if applicable. These charges will be deducted from the cost of your refund. If your parcel is destroyed at customs we will be unable to issue a refund.
If your purchase is subject to import duties, customs charges and local taxes, your shipping provider will contact you about these fees, which must be paid before delivery of your purchase is scheduled. It will also request personal information, such as your EIN, IRN or SSN, for customs processing. Please note that shipping delays due to customs processing are not uncommon. Statues & Sculptures Online does not have control over customs delays and are not involved in the determination or collection of these fees.
Failure to Pay Import Duty & Customs Charges
If you (or the recipient) subsequently refuse or fail to accept the delivery of the product, refuse or fail to pay import fees, and/or attempt to return the product to avoid paying import fees:
1. The costs you paid for shipping and/or handling will not be reimbursed to you.
2. You will be responsible for all charges resulting from said refusal or failure to pay import fees (such as costs for shipping and handling back to Statues & Sculptures Online in England and any other fees resulting, directly or indirectly, from your failure to pay the import fees)
3. Subject to your consumer rights, you understand that all sales are final and we are not required to refund you the cost of the product, but we may do so in certain cases in our sole discretion.
4. You are still responsible for all actual import fees.
5. You will not request that Statues & Sculptures Online or any other entity reimburse you for any import fees paid.
6. You may have the option (depending on local laws and regulations) to be reimbursed by a governmental or other authority for some or all of the actual import fees (and you should contact the local customs office for more information on this), but you (and not Statues & Sculptures Online or any other entity) will be responsible for taking action to try to be so reimbursed.
7. Any portion owed to you (after accounting for the items discussed above) will be refunded to you and any portion owed to Statues & Sculptures Online (after accounting for the items discussed above), that we have not already collected from you, will be billed to you through your initial method of payment.
Statues & Sculptures Online uses the SagePay Payment Service Provider system. All transaction information passed between merchant sites and the SagePay systems are encrypted using 128-bit SSL certificates. Sounds complicated, we know. You can feel secure in the knowledge that nothing you pass to the SagePay servers can be examined, used or modified by third parties attempting to gain access to sensitive information. Your details are not disclosed to any third parties without your consent. For more information please visit www.sagepay.com.